Maximize your summer enjoyment by purchasing new summer outfits that can be worn in the years ahead. You’ll want to make the most of your fashion dollars by choosing versatile pieces that’ll work into fall, and not be so trendy that they will be gone by winter. Check out some cool slimming summer outfits on WhoWhatWear (http://www.whowhatwear.com/slimming-summer-outfits/slide2).
Here are 4 summer outfit ideas for women that’ll keep you looking fashionable for the seasons ahead.
- Choose neutral colors for clothing, and bright colors for accessories. If budget is a concern, choose neutral colors such as black, white, beige, and white for your main clothing items, such as jacket, pants, blouse, and skirt, while choosing bright bold colors for your accessory and accent items. You’ll be able to purchase bright bold accessories to change up your outfit, but that won’t break the bank if the color goes out of style in a year or two. Accessories that can be rotated around include scarves, jewelry, hats, shoes, and bags. Bright bold colors to get this season can be fuchsia, red, orange, and turquoise.
- Match your jacket with skirt or pants. Match your coat or jacket to your pants, for example, burgundy, beige, or black. With the addition of a blouse or top, you’ll have greater versatility in creating more different outfits than if you had a variety of colors in your wardrobe. Your outfit will look pulled together by combining the same colors, even though you made little effort to do so. To make it easier, you can keep similar colors of clothing in one section of your closet, saving you aggravation early in the morning, when you’re too tired to coordinate.
- Use what you already have. You can use your current clothing as the core of your wardrobe, while adding new clothing options each season, to create exciting new outfits. Clothing trends don’t change that fast, and chances are no one will know that you’re wearing a jacket and skirt from three or four seasons ago. You may even be able to pull out a few items from ten years ago, as clothing trends cycle around again. Everyone will wonder how you’ve achieved being stylish, when the latest trend isn’t even in the stores yet!
- Even dresses can be accessorized. Go ahead and purchase that new summer dress, as it can be accessorized too. Add a new belt that matches with shoes and handbag. You can also switch around your jewelry if you’re worried that everyone will notice you wearing the same dress for that summer gathering the following week. Chances are they won’t, but mix up your accessories anyway. One of the best ways to change the look of a dress is to wear a different sweater. You may also wish to add a hat and sunglasses for an outdoor gathering. An airy scarf wrapped around neck, or used as a belt around the waist will create a different look too.
Nobody likes to spend money on electronic devices, yet they’re one of the necessities of life. While we need them to communicate with others, check our schedules, and keep tabs on the family, we can never justify their cost on sheer entertainment value. None of us enjoys spending money on electronics that will be passé two month’s from now, yet we all need to have the latest, most expensive, and styling gadget. Yet they always seem to crap out when we need them the most.
You may just save yourself money if you keep these 5 points in mind before making a spur-of-the-moment purchase on an electronic device.
- Always do your research first. Spur-of-the-moment purchases may be exciting, but you’ll have buyer’s remorse once you return home, realizing that you could have shopped around a bit first. There’s also the hazard that when you purchase online, it may not be exactly what you were hoping for. The screen, or keys, may be too small. Visit an electronics shop first, to learn about the functionality of your chosen electronic device.
- Buy open box items. These are items that have been returned to the shop because someone changed their mind. They are offered for a significant discount to the consumer. It may also have been a box that was opened in-store to show a customer the product. Returned and open box items are still backed by store and manufacturer warranties, so your risk is still low.
- Try a money saving app or software. Sites such as the Invisible Hand (http://www.getinvisiblehand.com) track prices on the most popular name brand products. Sign up, and wait for the prices to drop. The site will alert you to the best prices for your chosen electronic device.
- Ask the salesperson to match their price with a competitor’s. These prices can be quickly looked up online, and many stores offer another 5% discount on top of the price match. If you have a store loyalty or gift card, it can be beneficial to purchase products from your favorite store, rather than just the one with a lower price.
- Buy at the right time of year. Certain times of the year are better than others for buying electronic devices. Other times of the year aren’t so great, such as prior to the school year, or Christmas, when retailers know they can jack up the prices because these items are needed. July is a good time of year to buy last year’s computer model, before the current year’s are released. March is a great time to buy a TV, as many distributors end their fiscal year in the spring. February is a great time of year to get a two for one cellphone Valentine’s Day deal promotion.
Even if you’re in panic mode, calm down and spend some time shopping for new purchases. It’s worth spending time to minimize the expense of new electronic devices.
Children mirror the actions of their parents. That’s why it’s so important that they learn the value of money, and how to live well. We all want our children to do well in life, and that begins by avoiding debt, saving money, and learning to live frugally. The better our financial planning, the greater the chances that our children will match our success when they are adults.
Here are 6 tips to teach your children about frugal living:
- Name brand isn’t necessarily better. Many of the same products sold in discount stores have different labels in higher-end boutiques, yet they are the exact same product manufactured in China. The trick is to finding items that look expensive, but were purchased from a discount big box store instead.
- It’s not necessary to purchase everything. Libraries contain plenty of books to read, CDs to listen to, and DVDs to watch. Sporting and camping equipment can be borrowed from friends. Musical instruments can be rented. Many items of entertainment value are often used only once, before being discarded. Many items can be borrowed for free, or rented for just a fraction of their full cost.
- Get your kids involved. If you’re in the market for a new Blu Ray player, let your kids peruse the flyers and online sites to find the best price. Offer an incentive such as if they can find it for $20 cheaper, then you’ll buy them a toy. Of course they must shop around for that too. Let them tag along as you visit the mall. But don’t drive all around town looking to save $20—with today’s prices you’ll end up burning it all up in gas.
- Put items back on the shelf. Don’t be afraid to change your mind at the store. Let your child know that an item isn’t really needed. Perhaps the grocery budget is being exceeded, and it’s more important to have apples in the cart, than chips. Tell them about the “cooling off period” for making purchases—the time between want, and discovering if you really need it. The more expensive a purchase, the longer the length of time for cooling off.
- Reuse, repurpose, recycle. Teach your kids about the 3-R’s—Reuse, Repurpose, and Recycle. They don’t need a new wardrobe for school, if their old clothes still fit. School supplies can be reused. Cool craft projects can be made from recycled items such as popsicle sticks, glossy magazine paper, and pop cans. Old furniture can be painted to look like new again.
- Hold a yard or garage sale. Get the kids involved in finding old toys they no longer play with, but that are still good to someone else. Let them know that the money that is raised from the garage sale will be used for a good purpose.
Remember to reinforce your frugal living points with your children. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they’ll learn to live frugally.
Everyone needs shoes, and some people enjoy matching one pair of shoes to every outfit in their wardrobe. Shoes are needed for everything from work and home, to play and sport. Shopping online for shoes is fun. It’s also a great time-saver when you lead a busy life.
Here are the top 4 best online shoe sites to find every kind of footwear for the entire family.
- 6pm: 6pm.com has shoes and clothing for men, women, and kids, as well as bags, and accessories to complete your outfit. They carry the top name brand lines of sandals, formal shoe wear, boots, work boots, and casual footwear. The search function can narrow down your choices by type, heel height, style, width, color, brand, and price. Discount prices are listed as a percentage off MSRP. Shop their clearance page for 70% off retail price. Tip: Find the 6pm Coupons Page here.
- Famous Footwear: Shop for women’s, men’s, and kids shoes and accessories, in-store or online at Famous Footwear. The website is laid out in an easy-to-navigate format. Categories may be narrowed down to “view all” or “new arrivals”. Shoe options may be narrowed down to athletic shoes, boots, slippers, casual shoes, dress shoes, sandals, and wides or narrows. The Back to School Trend Shop will help you to shop for the latest shoes for your kids. Famous Footwear focuses on comfortable shoes such as Adidas, Nike, and Converse, plus other popular brands.
- Shoebuy.com: Shoebuy.com makes buying shoes easy. They offer free shipping, and free exchanges, in case your shoe order doesn’t fit. They have everything from women’s, men’s, and kids’ shoes, to clothing, bags, and accessories. Take advantage of their 20% off sale, or shop their sale pages. You can shop by your favorite brand, featured products, or related products. A subscribe button will give you access to additional deals, and seasonal previews. Right now fall styles are being featured.
- Shoes for Crews: Shoes for Crews offers non-slip foot wear for work, play, or school. The company has been around since 1984, and uses the latest innovative technology to keep workers safe on the job-site, and outdoors. They offer a 60 day money back guarantee on all their foot wear. Safety products are available for both men and women, and aren’t limited to work boots or steel toed boots. Shoes for Crews makes athletic shoes, clogs, soft toed boots, casual, athletic, and even dress shoes. Shop their men’s and women’s shoe styles that are on sale. Shoes for Crews also has hard to find sizes that you may not find on other sites. They have regular and wide sizing in athletic, casual, and work boot styles. If you work in a specialized industry such as food service, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, factory, school, or supermarket, you can decrease your search time by clicking on these industries first. Or, select your industry, and enter your job title to be presented with a list of shoe options pertinent to you.
The great thing about shopping online is that it is fast, convenient, and oftentimes much simpler than browsing up and down aisles at the store in the hopes something will catch your eye soon enough. If you go to the store with a vague idea of what you want to buy, it’s up to you to meander around trying to narrow down your options whereas online you can search for something as broad as “electronics for teenagers” and be inundated with an abundance of options which you can then easily filter and narrow down in half the time it would take you at a traditional store. Since lots of online retailers even offer free or discounted shipping these days, online shopping is more affordable than ever.
But as with all things, there are some potential risks and downsides to online shopping, namely how to stay safe online. It’s one thing to connect with old childhood friends on Facebook for a quick chat, it’s another thing entirely to put in your personal information online. You have to enter your shipping and billing address, phone number, email, and credit card information when making purchases, which can make you vulnerable to online hackers, security breaches, and a host of malicious software like adware, malware, and viruses. There are ways you can protect yourself, though!
Below, we list a few ways to ensure that you are safe while conducting your shopping online:
- Thoroughly research the seller. You can do a quick Google search to see if the website you’re purchasing from has ever had security issues before. If it’s not a well known site, exercise caution as some hackers will set up dummy sites solely to steal information. By Googling the merchant and checking their website for a legitimate address and phone number you can ensure the business is reputable.
- Ensure the site is safe. There’s a quick way to do this: in your web browser’s address bar (where the URL is), you should see a closed padlock when you are entering your personal information. This is a security measure in place for e-commerce transactions.
- Safeguard your information. You may be filling out a form and suddenly you’re asked for your social security number or checking account number, but you’re only trying to purchase an iPad for your nephew. There is no reason you should need to be entering such personal information and this would be an immediate red flag. For extra safety, it is often best to use a credit card rather than a debit card, or in some cases you can even purchase a prepaid debit/credit card to use solely for online shopping purposes.
It is important to keep your computer safe even when you are not actively shopping online, though. Certain websites can infect your computer with viruses that in turn hack your passwords and personal information. This is why it is imperative to have some sort of anti-virus software on your computer, and we can even help by directing you to our Panda Security coupons. Another great anti-virus software option can be found through Webroot. Shopping online is a great option and you should not be deterred by the potential risks, as there are easy ways to keep yourself safe and ensure you have a painless, hassle-free, and convenient shopping experience.
It’s a glorious time of year, on the cusp of summer and fall, when the most intense heat of summer has begun to gradually give way to shorter, cooler nights heralding the majesty of autumn’s rejuvenation. Everything begins to come alive in the fall. Crisp, cool days awaken spirits and senses, dazzling us with vibrant colors as the earth around us blooms and beckons us to enjoy it. This means there is no better time to start finding and/or updating your travel gear.
This is absolutely the best time of year to get outside and enjoy nature, whether that means a few hours of walking, cycling, hiking, or fishing or simply spending a full weekend outdoors camping. The chance to commune with nature has benefits not only for your physical health but your mental health, filling you with a sense of inner peace and connectedness with the world around you.
If you are just starting out and are not sure what sort of outdoor travel gear you might need, our site can assist you both in brainstorming some useful gear to bring along with you while also saving you money. There’s no need to pay exorbitant prices to simply enjoy a hobby of yours, so we are here to help you find the best deals. Have a look at our Outdoor Tech coupons. They specialize in things like traditional headphones and helmet headphones. You may wonder why these would be necessary for an outdoor travel experience but music is often the perfect complement to a nice jaunt through the woods, traversing trails, and exploring the abundance of life the outdoors are teeming with.
We would be remiss in neglecting to direct you towards coupons for the Outdoor Pros store as well. This store includes more traditional outdoor travel gear, such as camping and hunting knives, hiking gear, cutlery for eating outdoors, and equipment necessary for various water sports. They carry most of the major brands: Cold Steel, Nalgene and Protec, to name a few. If you are interested in an even vaster array of outdoor travel gear, no list would be complete without mention of REI.
It’s good to keep in mind that you should carry at least a few basic essentials with you when exploring the great outdoors. Whether you are just hiking for an hour or camping overnight, some of the most essential items to always have include: water bottle or camelbak, sturdy hiking shoes/boots, backpack to carry snacks, basic supplies and first aid kit, a knife or small weapon of some kind (for protection against wildlife or other potential dangers), and protection from the sun. Remember that even on a cold and/or overcast day you are still vulnerable to harmful rays from the sun if outside for extended periods of time. By perusing the sites we mention above, you will ensure you are fully prepared and can enjoy your time outdoors with not a care in the world.
When traveling about whether business or pleasure, having reliable transportation that fits your schedule is very important. This is why many people decide to use a car rental while they are traveling abroad. You can save money and get great deals on car rentals if you know where to look. There are many online sites that save you time and money when selecting the car rental for your trip.
When renting a car you will ideally want to schedule your rental at least a month in advance of your trip. Some financial advisors recommend scheduling the car rental a month in advance and then checking back at the rates a week before your trip. This may allow you to find a better rate because the car rental company is getting desperate for someone to rent their cars. In case you can’t find a better deal a week in advance however, having scheduled a car rental a month in advance ensures that you will have the vehicle that you need for your trip. This one trick can save you a substantial amount of money.
Using websites to rent a car online is simple and easy with a wide range of options. By booking online you can schedule anytime, rather than waiting for offices to open and trying to get hold of an agent to set you up with a car, you can do so immediately. Going to different travel sites you can see the offers from several different rental companies at once rather than having to search several different sites and remember the rates for yourself. Booking online may also give you access to some exclusive discounts.
You can compare rates for car rentals at different travel sites such as Expedia, Travelocity, or Hotwire to find the best deal for your trip. On these sites you are able to tell them where you are going and the date of your trip and you will be able to find different retailers in the area and the different car models that they have available. Another option is to find your car rental rate, directly from the car rental company Enterprise , Hertz , or many of the other options. You can also search local and independent car rental companies, using websites like Car Rental Express. Be sure to research the franchises on review sites like Yelp and others to see what other users have said about their experiences with the company before you decide to reserve a car
If you are traveling on a plane to your destination and then using a rental car, it would be ideal if you could have the car rental agent meet you at the airport to immediately save on some cab fare. Many large car rental companies advertise that they will come and pick up their clients. Car rentals don’t have to induce a headache and now using online booking features it is easier than ever before. Start planning your trip and get your car rental quote at one of these reliable sites today.
As the holidays draw near, your mind may be going to what to get all of your loved ones. The holidays make many people go into debt each year, many paying off their credit card bills for months afterwards. Instead of having to go into debt this season, try shopping smarter by finding the items that you need for less. There are ways that you can save money while still getting gifts that your family will love without battling the crowds in big box stores or at the mall. Here are some places to find some great deals for your holiday shopping this year.
Clothing: There are many online outlets that offer clothing at great discounts in anticipation for holiday sales, but the real deals are at overstock outlets such as the Bargain Outlet Catalog. Many of these overstock options offer deals over 50% off of the original price. Bargain Outlet Catalog offers a range of styles for men and women, as well as shoes and accessories. Getting great products for a fraction of their original price can allow you to stretch your holiday budget further. Visit www.bcoutlet.com to find out more about Bargain Outlet Catalog.
Jewelry: You can get some very great deals on beautiful jewelry for much less than you can find in a typical store when going out and shopping. You can find some great deals at the www.1928.com which offers large discounts as much as 50% off of their jewelry. 1928 offers jewelry for both men and women that would look wonderful at any event such as a wedding, formal dinner, receptions, and dates. Dazzle those you love with stunning jewelry for much less.
Electronics: Electronics are a very popular gift item, especially for teenagers and young adults. You can find some great deals on different electronics such as tablets, Apple products, smart phones, laptops, and accessories on a discount website such as available on Fast Tech. You can find great discounts on electronic items; especially overstock tablets that you can give to your family and friends this holiday season.
Toys: It always warms your heart to see a child open up the toy that they wanted and see a huge smile on their face. Bring joy to the special children in your life with the toy that has been hoping for this holiday season. Some toys can carry a high price tag, but you can save money by taking advantage of sales or large discount coupons. You can find a large selection of toys at a steep discount at www.tystoybox.com with everything from dolls to video games available on the website.
Another way to save money on gifts for the holidays is to look for coupon deals and special offers online leading up to the holidays. A great source to find coupon deals from different online retailers is www.couponwind.com. Find something for everyone on your list this year while sticking to your budget. Shop smarter this year so you can make out like a bandit without breaking the bank.
Finding cheap gifts online can be a time consuming and challenging task, there are hundreds of international websites who are selling gifts for all different types of people. You can run into all sorts of problems with shipping costs and shipping times, follow this guide to finding the perfect gift for your loved ones online on a budget, while shopping safely and smartly.
The first thing you will need to consider is how long your item will take to be shipped to you and how much it will cost. International shipping is generally a lot more expensive than domestic packages within your own country, so try adding the keyword ‘local’ to your search. Otherwise, most websites will have their base country listed in their “Postage and Handling” information, along with handling times, plus shipping times and cost.
It is always a good idea to try and buy your gifts a few weeks, if not a month in advance before you need to give your gift to your loved ones to allow time for the sender to package and distribute your gifts to the proper destination. Another thing to check is their return policies, make sure you can return the item for a refund or new product if it is, not as described, damaged in the post or doesn’t fit.
EBay is a great website to find cheap gifts as it almost always has the best electronics, fashion, toys, home décor, accessories and so much more at cheap prices everyday. Once on the eBay homepage, navigate your way to the “Deals” section, which is where you will find countless of goodies for discounted prices for a limited amount of time. You can also add a specific country to your preferences to buy from, which helps cut postage costs and time a lot.
Aliexpress is a China based website, selling cheap goods at wholesale prices; it also has many distributors specializing in Free Shipping and Sale items. It is an easy website to navigate around and the wholesale distributors sell good quality, extremely cheap gifts made in bulk. Shipping times rang from three weeks to 6 weeks.
To keep yourself and your bank details safe from crooks online, it pays to look to the URL bar for a small padlock favicon, this little symbol symbolises secure sockets layer encryption installed on the website to prevent identity theft and theft of bank details, otherwise having a PayPal account is the next best thing as they cannot access any bank details at all.
Maybe you’re Irish (or maybe you like to be just for the day). Maybe your favorite color is green. Or maybe you believe there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. Whatever the reason, the tradition of celebrating St. Patrick’s Day has become enormously popular in all corners of the United States. From green beer at your local pub to rambunctious parades and fun 5Ks, there are now numerous ways to celebrate the occasion; you can take your pick from enormous, rowdy crowds to individual, imaginative house parties.
Should you choose to throw an all-green, Irish-themed get together in your own backyard, here are some DIY tips and tricks to keep it budget friendly, yet still creative and festive.
FOOD. Skip the caterer. When throwing a party for a large number of people, we know going straight to a caterer to do the heavy lifting is tempting. But that isn’t the most cost-conscious decision. There are plenty of finger foods that will keep your guests happy, which all have the color of green or are reminiscent of traditional Irish dishes. A plethora of recipes can be found online for spinach and artichoke dips; multiple versions of guacamole; mini Reuben sandwiches; various forms of pesto; and last, but not least, rich cheddar dips with pints o’ Guinness. And let’s face it; you’re most definitely not at a loss for recipes for bright green drinks, alcoholic and otherwise!
•DECORATIONS. Channel your inner child; go crazy on the arts and crafts. Sure you can purchase affordable décor and costume accessories (everyone loves a green hat, right?) at the local party store. But one, where’s the fun in that? And two, you’re almost assured those will be the same decorations the neighbors will have as well! Time to get inventive! This is a great way to get the kids involved as well. You can make mini pots of gold out of candy coins; used sliced bell peppers as a shamrock stamp; make a wreath for the front door using leftover green ribbon from Christmas; and much more. Take the time to dig through DIY blogs and Pinterest, it will make for a more unique party and by re purposing items you already have around the house, save you a LOT of money.